I've seen the light, and it's sugar free. It's also starch free. And it's also refined carbohydrate free. So starting with this delicious salad from Nuts about Nutrition, get involved with powering your anatomy the right way.
Beetroot and Butternut Squash Salad with a Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 medium sized butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 4 medium uncooked beetroots (peeled and cubed)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary (chopped finely)
- 2 large handfuls of rocket
- 1/4 cup pine nuts (gently roasted)
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Place your cubed butternut and beetroot in a baking tray and drizzle over the olive oil, the garlic, rosemary and the seasoning. Roast in the oven for 1 hour until nice and tender, then leave to cool.
For the vinaigrette, simply mix all the ingredients together till well combined.
Place the cooled roasted vegetables in a nice serving bowl. Top with the rocket. Then dress it with the vinaigrette and scatter over the toasted pine nuts. Et voila.